1.16.2015

Fab Friday Five

I've written a ton this week already...so here's something light and fluffy :)

cocoa panna cotta
Chocolate Panna Cotta (recipe >> here)
I've seen a panna cotta made on several different cooking competition shows and I've always been intrigued by it.  It looks like a smooth pudding of ice cream temperature.  I'm not sure if that's what it is at all, but I'd really like to make this!


Bbq table... Oh I need this!
JAG Grill (purchase >> here)
Look at this thing!! It's a table + fire pit + grill.  How awesome is that?!! It's like going to Melting Pot where everybody cooks their own food in the fondue, only this is on a grill at home.  It comes in a 6-seat and 8-seat model.  Beware, this little sucker is PRICEY!  The 8-seat is $2499 + $200 s/h.  Yikes!  Wouldn't it almost be worth it, though?!

How to Stay Sane at Disney World --- this blog is hilarious!  I never knew that sunscreen could be so versatile ;-)
How to Stay Sane at Disney World (read the blog >> here)
We have boldly decided to take Aria to Disney World for her 5th birthday next year (shhh it's a secret, so don't tell her) and I'm not going to lie...I'm a little apprehensive about it.  We're going to bite the bullet and do the whole resort thing...stay in the Disney hotels with the food plan and all that jazz.  So first things first, it's expensive.  To go the days I want to go, staying as long as we want to stay, getting the basic dining plan, and getting the park hopper pass (in case Aria can't manage to stay a whole day in Epcot and really wants to go back to Magic Kingdom by lunch) will be approximately $3K, and that's not including the gas to get down there, the souvenirs, and the character breakfast(s) that she'll undoubtedly want.  Phew, that's a lot....but at least we can book early and start saving now!  The other thing is....a five year old....in Disney.  Oh, I'm exhausted already just thinking about it.  She's going to have a BLAST, but I feel like I'll need another vacation afterwards to help me cope.  This lady, however, wrote a blog post explaining the things you've got to do to help stay sane.  My favorite tip:  buy sunscreen bottles, empty them and clean them, fill them with various alcoholic beverages, and enjoy on the go....because every occasion and outdoor event needs sunscreen and no-one will look twice if you have a kid and several bottles of sunscreen with you. 

Chinese Roast Pork Bun, Cha Shao Bao, BBQ Pork Bun, however you want to call these little pillows of goodness, is filled with savory mixture of #Cantoneseroastporkbun, it's #dimsum and Chinese #bakeryfavorite.
Chinese Pork Buns (recipe >> here)
When Dave and I went to New York for his grandma's funeral, we ate a TON of food.  Two things stick out in my mind as the best things I ate and obviously can't get anywhere else:  the pizza burger from the diner on Staten Island...and these tasty pork buns from Chinatown.  Oh man...those things were SOOO good.  And now, after much searching, I think I've finally found the recipe that looks like it will taste the most similar.  Can't wait!


I Love My Life and the Ones in it! I can honestly say I'm Beyond Blessed<3
purchase this print >> here
Even though I sometimes complain about a LOT of things . . .
Even though I can seem a little extra cranky for no reason . . .
Even though I talk about how stressed and overwhelmed I am . . .
I really, truly, do love my life and (nearly) every single person it.  I wouldn't change any of it, no matter what.
I have the best family there has ever been (aside from some occasional instances).
I have some of the most wonderful friends with the most beautiful hearts.
And I have this perfect little love muffin (though she's sometimes the most horrible little brat from Hell) that I love with all of my heart and can't even imagine life without her.

Have a great week, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment