10.16.2015

Fab Friday Five - RANDOM

Sorry for the mini hiatus, folks...I've been busy.  Here's a quick recap of the times lately:

Aria has started gymnastics and LOVES it! And maybe this Saturday (her third class) we'll actually get there on time!

I finished the puzzle I was working on and felt quite accomplished afterwards.  I was more excited when I realized that meant I could buy a new puzzle!

After my own mom told me how apparently awful I've been for the past year, I sucked it up and talked to my doctor about antidepressants.  I feel weak, broken, and damaged, though Dave says I'm acting as if I'm happier.  I don't see it yet.

I had an awful...awful...dream last night that I was told a family member was in a coma and would most likely not wake up.  Right now, I still feel rattled by this dream.

Poor Soph Soph is almost nearly blind now.  She's running into things and can't see enough to jump up on the bed at night anymore.  We bought her stairs for the bed, but she won't use them until you wake up and call her to them and encourage her to go up them.  So of course I feel bad for her and give her as many treats and snacks as she wants.

As of October 26th, Aria will officially be out of before/after care at Pre-K.  My mom is bidding farewell to her job and will be taking care of Aria in the mornings and afternoons for me.  The pressure I was feeling about real school next year has been lifted.

We've upgraded our hotel reservations to a family suite for Disney.  I was coerced into it.  BUT...Dave got me this great book all about planning for Disney, and it's quite informative.  I look through it almost nightly.  It doesn't yet have me excited to go, but I feel like it's making me a little more prepared.

Aria had been so awful with not listening lately and none of our other punishments were working, so I resorted to letting her pick her punishment.  She could either choose to have her playroom locked up until further notice, or she could have all of her favorite animals and baby dolls closed up in a box until I decided she deserved them again.  She chose the animals in the box.  She's actually been listening pretty well this week, and as soon as I threaten to add more animals to the box, she starts behaving.  Maybe this punishment will finally be the one that works.

When I get home today, there should be an Amazon box by my front door with my puzzle in it and Aladdin on blu-ray!  I'm probably more excited about this than I should be.

I've not really spent a whole lot of time on Pinterest lately...so I only had a few new things to share with you....and of course none of them really fit into the same "theme."  So random it is.

Enjoy :)

Apples, Honey & Goat Cheese Crostini
recipe >> HERE
Y'all remember when I mentioned having a tapas dinner party this fall for my family?  I had decided on having two or three different crostinis and this is definitely one I'll be having.  No, I don't actually have it planned yet...but soon, maybe....maybe.  Perhaps November?  Or maybe it'll be in January.  I don't know...we'll see.

loufa

Is this not the cutest dog costume you've ever seen?!  Perhaps it's Photoshopped (I see the dog is missing an ear), but that's OK!

Lemon Ricotta Parmesan Pasta with Spinach and Grilled Chicken | Cooking Class
Lemon Ricotta Parmesan Pasta + chicken and spinach >> recipe HERE
I know I should be looking at fall recipes and this dish looks kind of summery...but doesn't it sound tasty?!  Well, I think so anyway...

32 Of The Best DIY Backyard Games You Will Ever Play:

Giant backyard Scrabble....um, yes please!!

An Impressive Chocolate Dessert for Valentine's Day photo
Chocolate souffle >> recipe HERE
The chocolate souffle...the holy grail of desserts.  I will one day muster the courage to attempt this beautiful dessert.

Have a great weekend y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment