12.30.2014

A Recap

Dave had labs this morning.  All his counts are good.  Next step is the CT scan in a couple weeks and the subsequent results at the end of January.

And now...a recap of the last week :)

Christmas is over.  PHEW!  I feel like it was a marathon or something to get through it!

That was by far the busiest 4 days there has ever been!  I managed to get everything I needed to get done in terms of cooking (aside from the previously mentioned skipped sugar cookies).  Aria and I did not get her presents made...those will have to wait until later.  I was on my feet all day on Christmas Eve getting the cooking and cleaning done, followed by setting out the food and making sure everything was running smoothly.  Wow...there was a TON of food!  Dad wasn't able to come Christmas Eve because he was still in too much pain from his surgery (y'all..look up "hammer toe surgery"....it's disgusting), but that's OK...we all understood.  Surprisingly Aria was great with the presents!  She took turns and didn't rush into anything and got excited about every gift she got, even the gift cards once I told her it was her own money.  By the time the whole family left, I was utterly exhausted and ready for bed...only to remember that I still had a long night ahead of me.  I think it was about 1130/midnight by the time everyone left.

All of that food that I had put out needed to be put away (where the hell did I find space for all of that?!), the wrapping paper needed to be bagged up and put out, the dishes needed to be loaded in the dishwasher and started, the presents opened needed to be moved to the back of the tree to make room for Santa's presents, Santa had to come and nicely lay out all the rest of the presents to be opened Christmas day, Santa had to eat his cookies (but leave some crumbs) and drink all his milk and take the carrots for the reindeer, and the nutella french toast needed to be assembled and ready for baking in the morning.  By the time I shuffled my way up the stairs and plopped into bed, it was 4 AM.  Let me tell you...I don't know how I did it when I was younger...but staying up until 4 AM is HORRIBLE.  Let me repeat that....IT'S FREAKING HORRIBLE!

Aria woke up around 730 or some other stupid time.  Lucky for me, however, she was easily appeased with her iPad and I could get some more z's.  Christmas breakfast was supposed to be served around 11/1130....it was ready at 1230.  Dad was able to come on Christmas day and got to partake in the smoked fish that my inlaws brought up with them.  After breakfast it was decided that Aria had been patient long enough and could open the rest of the presents.  She brought dad his bag of presents from the night before and said "Merry Christmas Papa"...lets all do a collective "awwwwwwww".

Breakfast...well, brunch.....OK fine, lunch....stayed out all day so by the time it was dinner time, everybody was still full!  One less meal for me to have to put out...yes!  Dave and I played a couple rousing games of Scrabble with his mom and sister before calling it a night around 1:00 in the morning.  Another late night.  Ugh!

Friday was a very relaxing day....we slept in super late, had some good family time with Dave's family, and then handed Aria off to Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Amy so Dave and I could have a much-needed date night.

Saturday was a little less relaxing, but not bad.  Went out for breakfast, had "family haircut time" at Great Clips, then Rioz in Columbia for dinner.  MMM meat.  If you're in the area, go there for dinner.  It's expensive, but if you can eat lots of steak, it's well worth it!  After we got back from dinner, his family stayed at the house until around midnight.

Sunday was the first semi-relaxing day we had.  There was no family at my house, we got up whenever we wanted, stayed in our pajamas all day, ate leftovers for every meal, watched TV for every waking moment, and then finished the night with a Packer victory.

I'm exhausted.  I'm ready for a vacation (not that there is one in my near future).

No comments:

Post a Comment