8.14.2015

Fab Friday Five - FALL

This post is inspired by the weather this morning.  The air was cool (a lovely 71° according to the car)...the sun was bright and lovely....the sky was blue and pink with wispy orange clouds all over it. It was beautiful, and all I could think was "fall is coming soon...it just has to be."

Fall is, I think, my favorite season.  Or maybe it's tied with winter....either way, it's up there!  I love the colors...the drop in the temperature...the ability to move groceries from your cart to the trunk without sweating all over the damn place...playing in the yard with Aria after school...and the flavors!  So many flavors are synonymous with fall:  pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg (mmm I'm ready for pumpkin pie obviously).  And it'll be apple season, so I'm going to try to make my Great Grandma's apple turnovers.  And of course the ability to eat soup without feeling hot from the inside out all day....the ever wonderful PSL from Sbux....and Thanksgiving meals that mimic the falling leaves in their colors.  Oh man...I'm so ready for fall!

According to Accuweather.....
Augusta has had 68 of the last 96 days (since May 10th) with recorded temperatures above 90.
39 of those 68 days had recorded temperatures above 95
9 of those 68 days had recorded temperatures above 100

Of course, Accuweather doesn't save the heat indices, but if you live here, you know that nearly all of those 68 days above 90 were really all above 100 thanks to a 10 heat index every day. So you figure, the days that registered at 102, it really felt more like 110.

Now do you understand why I am SO ready for the fall?  It's too damn hot!

Mile High Caramel Apple Pie >> recipe HERE
Oh I just love apple pie!  And I especially love a deep dish apple pie that's FULL of apples!  Maybe I'll make one just for my dad and me.  I think apple pie is the only thing he eats that has cinnamon in it.  But look at how luscious that pie looks! YUM!

Autumn Weather | Fall Style | Picnic Ideas | Outdoor Food | Al Fresco Dining | Mountain Sunset

Oh man...a picnic on a hillside with cozy blankets and the sunset...that's something I can look forward to!  Now if only I could manage a trip to the mountains sometime around the end of September, beginning of October.

You might be bummed Summer is officially over. But the good news is: #Fall is here! We've rounded up the best reasons to get into the autumnal spirit. #autumn | Health.com

Fires and s'mores are, to me, the epitome of fall!  Don't get me wrong, I love a good fire any time of the year...but they're so much more enjoyable in the fall.  The chocolate doesn't melt BEFORE you put it next to a hot marshmallow.  The fire actually keeps you warm instead of making you feel like you're in Hell.  And it's usually paired with hot chocolate and a cozy blanket.  Oh yes...I'm ready!

Hearty Italian Chicken and Autumn Veggie Soup | thecozyapron.com
Hearty Italian chicken and autumn veggie soup with roasted garlic and tomato broth, served over gnocchi >> recipe HERE
Look at this soup, y'all!  It's fall in a bowl!  It's got chicken, butternut squash, kale, carrots, parsnip, basil, garlic, paremesan cheese...serve it with some warm bread...OH WOW it looks scrumptious!

Nothing like a good book, a hot cup of tea and a cozy lap blanket on a cold winter's day. | Pavel Gramatikov

There's nothing better than curling up on the couch (or a comfy place outside) with a great book and a cup of coffee or hot chocolate.  The PERFECT relaxation.  Even though I didn't finish my summer reading list, I'm already building up some things I'd like to think about reading in the fall.  


There's one more thing about fall that is an integral part of the season and NEEDS to be mentioned.....

Green Bay Packers Team | Packers Fans Want the WHOLE Team in the Picture

That is all :)

Have a great weekend folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment