8.21.2015

Fab Friday Five - HUSBAND-APPROVED DESSERT

It's no secret that Dave's favorite part about dinner is dessert.  Especially homemade dessert....or even just store-bought cookie dough plopped in the oven after dinner.  He has, unfortunately, passed that lovely trait onto Aria.  Every day during dinner...."Mommy, what's for dessert?" ... "Mommy, did I eat enough to earn dessert?"  It's such a problem that I need to nip in the bud right NOW...but Dave doesn't help when he says "can you get me some ice cream?" after I get done telling Aria that we're not having anything for dessert today.

Last night, I was scrolling through my dessert board on Pinterest and Dave, who was looking over my shoulder, starting tapping on the screen to get a closer look at some things he decided looked extra tasty.  Of course, after looking at them, I was informed that I needed to make them all...go figure.

So today's post is inspired by Dave's dessert choices.  Enjoy!

Cream Cheese-Filled Banana Bread - Banana bread that's like having cheesecake baked in! Soft, fluffy, easy and tastes ahhhh-mazing!
Recipe >> HERE
This is the first one he clicked on, to which he said "You WILL make this this weekend!"  I, of course, said "no" :)   But I suppose I can take a crack at it sometime this fall.  It does match the colors, after all!  I'll probably add chocolate chips to mine, though.

Dark Chocolate Cream Pie-don't let the lighter color fool you, this pie has all the rich flavor of dark chocolate in a creamy, cool pie!
Recipe >> HERE
Little did he know that this one is actually SUPER easy and cheats a bit....it uses a store-bought graham cracker crust!  Definitely something easy to knock out on a weekend in time for dinner (it only chills for 4 hours).

mintchipbrownies
Recipe >> HERE
Dave's favorite ice cream flavor is, without a doubt, mint chocolate chip.  So when he saw these, he was sold.  The brownie is made with a jar of hot fudge sauce and the frosting is more or less mint buttercream.  They do look pretty tasty to be honest!

whole-peanut-butter-cheesecake
Recipe >> HERE
This is a chocolate peanut butter cheesecake.  Yum!  Dave's two favorite things!  Not to mention, he's been up my butt to make him another chocolate cheesecake...so as I scrolled through and saw this, I took the liberty of letting him know what it was and that yes, I know it's next on the list.

Triple-Chocolate Mousse Cake Recipe. The dark-chocolate cake at the base is baked in ramekins. Two layers of plush, pillowy mousse -- bittersweet and milk chocolates -- are piped on top and capped with semisweet chocolate curls. Chill and serve as just the right sweet for your sweet.
Recipe >>> HERE
I have two different chocolate mousse cakes saved and, to be honest, I don't remember which one he picked....so I'm taking the liberty of picking this because it's prettier!  Two different flavors of chocolate mousse piped on top of chocolate cake and chilled to perfection.  Yum!

So maybe...if Dave is lucky...he'll get one of these desserts in the next couple of weeks.  Maybe.

And also, hopefully, I'll have some good news to tell you by the end of next week regarding Dave's CT scan that he had on Wednesday.

Till next week...


No comments:

Post a Comment