3.23.2015

Book Review - THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN


This book was fabulous and I totally recommend it!

At first, I wasn't quite sure...in fact, I even took a break a couple chapters in.  BUT...so glad I stuck with it!  It was suspenseful and the whole time you're listening to the story trying to figure out who exactly did what...which memories are real and which are imagined...where was this character and when?

To sum it up (without spoiling it):  A woman takes the same train every day in and out of London.  She is, by the way, a flat out drunk.  A woman goes missing and the woman on the train realizes that she has seen this woman before.  A long string events ensues that is clouded and blurred by drunken memories of "THAT Saturday night" and it all comes to a head by the end.  It's brilliant and I loved it!

The ONLY thing I didn't like was that two of the characters were left with their stories unfinished, at least in my opinion.  When I finish a book, I like to see all my loose ends tied in a nice lovely bow...and these two loose ends are still floating out there, leaving me to wonder whatever became of them.  Oh well...I've got a pretty good imagination!

If you read Gone Girl and loved it, give this one a try!  It's in a similar category!

Happy reading!

**The next book I'll be listening to is DON'T LET ME GO by Catherine Ryan Hyde**

No comments:

Post a Comment