3.24.2015

Convos with my Kid

It's been about a month since I last shared with you the wisdom that falls out of my child's mouth, so it must be time to have another installment of CONVOS WITH MY KID!

A Lesson on Anatomy
A:  I didn't like that meatball.
M:  Which one?
A:  The one I already ate.
M:  Oh.
A:  You can't see it, it's in my body.


A Lesson on Sugar
A:  Grandma, what are you doing?
G:  I'm checking my blood.
A:  Checking your blood?  For what?
G:  To see how much sugar I have in my blood.
A:  Sugar?  Are you checking to see how fat you are?
**The Bearenstain Bears taught us in "Too Much Junk Food" that too many sugary sweets are unhealthy and make us gain weight like the cubs and Papa Bear...so it's only fair that if we have sugar in our blood, we are unhealthy and gaining weight.**


A Lesson on Singing
G:  Let's all sing "Happy Birthday" to Papa!
A:  OK!
*everybody starts singing*
A:  No!  I'm not gonna sing!!


A Lesson on Swimming
M:  Aria, grandma signed you up for swimming lessons!
A:  She did?!!! YAY!  I can't wait!
M:  So you're going to brave, right?
A:  Oh yes mommy.  But do they have a kiddie pool?
M:  Well no, you can't learn how to swim in water that only comes to your knees.
A:  But mommy, who's going to hold me hand?
M:  You'll be holding onto the wall, not somebody's hand.  You're going to be alright.
A:  OK.  We have to bring my towel and my swimsuit and my floaties and my turtle and my water shoes and we have to buy a face mask and some flippers so I can swim VERY fast.


A Lesson on Cars
A:  Mommy, do you know what kind of car I want when I'm older?  I want a really really really really really really really really really big car and a really really really really really really really really fast car.
M:  OK honey, we'll see.
A:  Mommy, I like this car.  Can this be my car when I'm older?
M:  Well dear, probably not.  It's going to be at least 12 years before you're driving and I don't think I'm going to still have this car in 12 years.
A:  Well mommy, you can get a new car and then you can save this one for me and then I can have it when I'm older.
A:  *under her breath* This is going to be MY car!


A Lesson on Shows
A:  Mommy, what are you doing?
M:  I'm going through the DVR and deleting the shows we don't watch anymore.
A:  But mommy, don't delete that show I watched yesterday!!
M:  Um....which show honey?
A:  The doctor one!
M:  Oh!  You liked that show?
A:  Oh yes, I did!
A:  But mommy, do you know what's better than people doctor shows?
M:  What?
A:  ANIMAL doctor shows!
**Aria has taken a strong liking to medical shows.  She LOVES to watch Grey's Anatomy with us and has a million and one questions about the medical procedures they're doing.  In fact, she points out that we can't watch the next episode without her because she wants to see what's going to happen.  She also loves to watch Night Shift, but hasn't asked any questions yet.  She also watches The Incredible Dr. Pol with my mom and loves that, too.  Maybe she'll be a doctor one day :) **

Yes. I absolutely did know that. Actually, I'm surprised that number is not higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment