2.06.2015

Fab Friday Five

It took all damn week, but Friday is finally here.  Incidentally, today is my 30th birthday.  Happy birthday to me.  You know what I want for my birthday?  A FREAKING BREAK!

Moving on...

Haha!

I may have literally laughed out loud when I saw this yesterday!  I think it's a combo of the saying and the picture behind it...especially if you read it in your head with a burly sort of British accent.  Hilarious! 
If I could have a day...or two....or a week.... (maybe on an abnormally large boat that just happens to be covered in sunshine) to do absolutely nothing except read, that would be fantastic.  No responsibility.  No chores.  No parenting.  No cooking.  No schedule.  No work.  Just me and some books.  Yeah, that would be ideal right now.  Somebody, anybody, please feel free to secretly book me a cruise :)

20 Easy and Cheap DIY Ways to Enhance The Curb Appeal

The top image closely resembles the current state of the side of my house (except for the gutters...gosh I really need to get some stinking gutters). The bottom picture is almost exactly like how I want it to look.  For people who garden....how long (and how much money) would this take?? I mean, not the planter box under the window, just the ground stuff.  I want it.  I want it all.  Maybe I need to start now so that it's not so dang hot when I'm out trying to do something and then I get so discouraged by how hot it is.

#valentine

I saw this yesterday and the very first thing I thought was "Oh, I need to send this to Jacki!!!"  So Jacki...if you're reading this....this one is for you today :)  I love that our communication generally consists of silly, often times inappropriate, pictures!  Those are the best kinds of texts to receive!  **For anybody that doesn't know...Jacki is my very very very best friend!  We've been friends since 7th grade...that's 18 years!**

.

I do LOVE to cook...but I HATE to come home and cook dinner after an 11 hour day (from the time I leave to the time I return is often times 11 hours, especially if I have an errand to run).  Dave was off yesterday, so I knew that I didn't have to come up with an actual meal for a change...what a treat! Aria said she wanted a cheese sandwich and bbq chips.  That was easy, but I'd really have preferred no preparation at all.  So on the way home, I said "Hey Aria....instead of a cheese sandwich, would you rather have McDonalds?"  thinking to myself...what sort of kid would pass up a happy meal??  Well, apparently mine will.  She said "no mommy, I just want to have a cheese sandwich at home."  I mean, OK, that's how you know you're winning at parenting...when your child says "no" to McDonalds...but seriously kid! I wanted a dang cheeseburger that I didn't have to do any work for at all besides open the wrapper!  So cheese sandwich at home it was....and she wanted lettuce on it, too (another pat on the back for winning at parenting).

fabulous!

FABULOUS!


Here are my birthday plans:
Work all damn day
Leave work early to get to the tag office before they close at 5 to renew my tag (because I procrastinated)
Pick up Aria on my way to the tag office (and subsequently find a way to handle her at the tag office)
Go to the grocery store to get all the ingredients I need for my birthday cake
Get home probably around 6 and cook dinner (skirt steak stir fry...mmm)
Tomorrow morning:  make my own birthday cake 
Tomorrow evening:  family dinner ... the only good part.



HANG ON....LIFE INTERRUPTED.....





CORRECTION:
DAVE IS CANCER FREE!!!!!!! NO MORE CANCER ANYWHERE IN HIS BODY!!!!!!

After your season of suffering, God in all His grace will restore, confirm, strengthen & establish you. 1 Peter 5:10
I'm no religious at all...but I feel like, in this moment, a bible quote is seriously needed!

Have a PHENOMENAL weekend y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment